So on to dinner tonight... Penne with Chickpeas, Feta, and Tomatoes from Cooking Light Magazine, now with battle scar... This is one of my favorites and it's very easy to make!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots (I used onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
3. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 45 seconds, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in bell pepper and chickpeas; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add tomatoes; sauté 2 minutes.
6. Stir in pasta and reserved cooking liquid; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
7. Remove from heat. Add feta and remaining ingredients; toss to combine.