Next up is to the mystery veggie I bought at the farmers market. So if you haven't guessed, they are round zucchini. These turned out pretty damn good!!
- 3 zucchini
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Trim stems from zucchini and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and put in bowl. Mix seeds with sausage, garlic, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup mozzarella chesse and Parmesan cheese. Stuff squash with sausage mixture and place in 9x13 inch baking pan. Pour sauce over squash and cover pan with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until sausage is cooked. Remove foil and cover with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
Super yummy! The only thing I would of done differently was cook the zucchini a little bit before I put it in the oven with the stuffing.
I had a lot of the stuffing mixture left over, so I made a pasta bake with the left overs on Friday last week... This was the BEST pasta bake I've made. I mixed the left over stuffing mixture and a jar of sauce with cooked rigatoni and added a little bit more cheese to the top. Cooked it for 30 min at 350° and there you have it! Tonight's dinner is the leftovers of this... yum yum! For some reason I think pasta tastes better when it's reheated as leftovers :)
Last but not least we went to the Strip District on Saturday to Heinz History center. We stopped by Bella Notte Pizza, Pasta & More. We walk in and grab a booth... The girl who gave us our menus was far from pleasant... but forget her... our server we had a was great and the pizza was awesome! We ordered a medium 8 cut pizza to split between myself, Matt and his Grandma. We sat in a booth right in-front of where the guy makes the pizza. We watched him toss the dough and get out pie ready and before we knew it, it was at out table. This thing is huge!! As you can see to the right... the slices easily equal 2 normal slices of pizza... I could barely finish my second slice! Over all the service was great, besides miss grumpy, and the food was great too.
Well it's time for me to vamanos! Later all!
Post a Comment