Yep, my lazy day turned into a not so lazy day... Pens were losing so I went upstairs to the kitchen and made the marinade started to marinate the pork for Tuesday's dinner... I then decided to prep some food for lunches for the week and made the meatballs for dinner tonight... Not to mention I scrubbed the kitchen floors and planted flowers in a few pots.... Oh, and the Pens ended up winning the game! :)
Ok, back to the meatballs... They were not just your ordinary meatball... They were buffalo chicken meatballs any 4 meatballs are only 157 calories! I found the recipe on Pinterest, which ended up bringing me to Shrinking Kitchen for the recipe... Ok I was a little worried they were going to fall apart when I started to make them but they turned out AMAZING!
I ended up making meatball sandwiches with them.... My photo op using the setting sun a the dinner table :)
The orginal recipe can he found here.
Tree's Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sandwiches
1 pound lean ground chicken
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 stalk celery
1 small onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup Frank's Thick Sauce, divided
1 tablespoon butter
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Cut the celery, carrot and green onion into large chunks and throw into a food processor.
- Pulse to chop into small bits.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, 1/2 the hot sauce and the blue cheese.
- Gently fold together to combine, but don't overmix.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs - you should get about 28 small meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, put the rest of the hot sauce and the butter into a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave about 30 seconds, until butter melts.
- Stir well to combine.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place 3-4 meatballs onto a hoagie bun and drizzle with the buffalo sauce and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar.
Post a Comment