This month the theme was Back to School/Kids Favorites... Well since I am not in school and don't have kids at the moment..... I made my hubbys favorite cookie from when he was a child, and still his favorite cookie, Oatmeal Raisin :)
Tree's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisin, plus a little extra for the tops of the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, white sugar.
- Then add eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla
- Stir the Flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the wet mixture.
- Then fold in the quick oats and raisins
- On a baking pan lined with parchment paper, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the batter, and separate the scoop into two cookies, then place 6 cookies on the tray
- Sprinkle a little on top of each cookie.
- You will get about 18 cookies
- Bake for 14 - 18 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool slightly on the sheet, then move to a cooling rack.
There you have it! Turn out soft and chewy.... Mmmmmmm!
Make sure to check out the other recipes as well! :)