So the hubby is an avid coffee and iced coffee drinker... Our local Starbucks knows us on a first name bases :)
We cut down on Starbucks since we moved... We lived within walking distance to one... sometimes we'd go there 2 times a day! :oP I've been buying iced coffee at the store, which is kinda pricy... So here I sit tonight sipping on a glass of iced coffee that I made earlier... Not too shabby for my first time making it, need to cut down on the creamer a little. I added a cup of it, besides that it's good.
Tree's Iced CoffeeIngredients
- 8 cups of fresh brewed coffee
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ to 1 cup of your favorite creamer (I used french vanilla)
- Brew coffee and then let cool for 10-20 minutes. Then transfer to a pitcher and cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While coffee cools, make a simple syrup with the water and sugar. When the water comes to a boil water, pour sugar into water and stir until dissolved. Place into refrigerator to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once coffee and simply syrup have cooled, pour simple syrup into the coffee. Then add the creamer, to your taste, and stir together.
- Grab yourself a glass with a few ice cubes and enjoy!