I had some left over cream cheese and I was thinking what I should make with it.... Hmmmmm, as I look over at the 9 Jalapeño I just picked from the garden, Jalapeño Poppers!!!
It's been a while since I've made them... Not sure why I don't make them more often... They are sooooooo good.... The hubby came home from work and went straight to them :)
Tree's Jalapeño Poppers
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 9 Jalapeño, cut in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Cut Jalapeño in half lengthwise, remove seeds and membranes
- Mix together cream cheese and shredded colby
- Fill each pepper half with 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture
- Prepare you breading station... Place flour and cumin in the first pan, second pan mix the eggs and milk together and third pan mix the panko and Italian bread crumbs. Also grease a baking sheet to place the poppers on.
- One at a time, dredge each popper in the flour mixture
- Then dip into the egg mixture and coat well
- Last but not least, place in the bread crumb mixture and cover popper. Then press down to get a good coating.
- Place peppers cheese side up on the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes
- When finished baking, take out of oven and let cool for a minute or so.... Since the cheese is molten hot! :)
I can't wait to make these again... Once you pop one, grab another because before you know it they are gone!
G'day! LOVE jalapeno poppers, true!ReplyDelete
Could go for one or two of these right now too!
Cheers! Joanne; now on FB too!
Viewed as part of Foodie Friends Friday Party
You have to give these a try... You'll love them! :)Delete
I love jalapeno poppers - I think I need to grow jalapenos, too! :)ReplyDelete
I thought growing 2 plants would leave me with a ton of peppers and not knowing what to do with them... I was wrong... I'm picking them as soon as they are ready, poor plant can't keep up with me! :)Delete
Oooo, these look fantastic. I love that you baked them in the oven- I am forever dropping poppers between the grates on the outdoor grill, and these look way too good to waste!ReplyDelete
They are soooo good... They are really crunch for being baked too... I want one now :oPDelete
This look so good! I just recently discovered jalapeno peppers and need to try this recipe soon! Stopping by to thank you for joining Foodie Friends Friday and to let you know this recipe is featured on Daily Dish Magazine: http://www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com/host-favorite-recipes-8/ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for letting me know! I am really excited that my recipe was featured on the Daily Dish Magazine!! :) Made my night! P.S. If you make the poppers, let me know how they came out. :)Delete