I made mexican lasagna and a black bean and corn salad, which I subed in some chickpeas, since I didn't have enough black beans, and it turned out pretty good.
- 2 cups of corn
- 1 can of black beans, rined and drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 4 oz. of chopped green chillies
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 - 6 in. tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Crushed up tortilla chips or tortilla strips
Spray a 9in x 13in baking dish with Pan, place two tortillas in he dish, cover with half of the veggie mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese and repeat the layer.
Bake, uncovered, at 400º for 15-20 minutes. Then let it stand for 5 minutes.
Once platted, I then sprinkle tortilla strips on top... to add a little crunch.... You can use tortilla chips if you can't find the strips. I also like a dollop of sour cream and hot sauce on mine.
Now one to the salad.... Which I used 1 can of black beans and 1 can of chickpeas, since I ran out of black beans :( But it was really good!
Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 2 cups of corn
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 cups black beans, rished and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
In a large bowl, wishl together, rice winegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt and peppers to make the dressing.
Add in the beans, corn, onion and pepper and toss to coat with dressing.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Add the cilantor and toss before serving.
I also added a little diced jalepeno for some heat, remove the seeds, if you do this.