I was going to make Banana Bread but then of course on Pinterest I found the recipe for Brown Sugar Banana Bread Pancakes with Vanilla Maple Glaze from How Sweet It Is and it was just calling my name!
Brown Sugar Banana Bread Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and add in milk and vanilla, stirring to combine. The mixture will still be dry.
- Add in mashed bananas and mix.
- Add in melted butter and stir until batter is somewhat smooth.
- Heat a skillet or grilled on medium heat.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, spoon batter into rounds cook about 4-5 minutes. (I made 2 pancakes from each 1/3 cup)
- Flip and cook for 2-3 minute (I lightly pressed the pancakes when I flipped them over)
- Keep pancakes warm in a 250º oven until ready to serve.
Vanilla Maple Glaze
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. Drizzle over pancakes.
There you have it! The pancakes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! Be patient when cooking them, as they do take longer to cook than normal pancakes and the mixture is pretty thick... Trust me, they are so worth it!!!