Today the hubby and I did yard work. The hubby tilled the soil for the garden for one last time. Then while I was planting the garden, he cleaned out the gutters.
So here is the garden... No more container garden! :) This year I planted: (I may have went a little overboard)
- Bell Peppers
- Green Beans
- Butter Crisp Lettuce
- Green Onions
Then in the pots around the garden, are the herbs:
I have to say they turned out REALLY good! Half of one pepper is quite filling too!
The original recipe can be found at Peace, Love and Low Carb.
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
1/2 lb. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
8 Slices Provolone Cheese
2 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 Medium Sweet Onion – Sliced
6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms - Sliced4 Tbs. Butter
1 Tbs. Garlic - Minced (I used 6 cloves of fresh garlic)
Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add butter, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms onions and a little salt and pepper. Sauté until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing. Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Now off to watch the Pen's game! :)
Post a Comment