I've been seeing a few recipes that used cake mix as the topping for the cobbler. So I came up with my own recipe using what I had in the cupboard.
Tree's Spiked Peach Cobbler
- 1 box of white or yellow cake mix (I used funfetti)
- 1 Stick of Butter, Melted
- 7-10 Fresh Peaches
- Cherry Brandy
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Peel and cut peaches into slices and place into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine hot water and sugar to make a simple syrup.
- Add a couple splashes of Cherry Brandy and cornstarch to the simple syrup then pour over peaches.
- In a separate bowl mix together cake mix and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle cake mixture over peaches
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
And here you have it! I forgot to take a picture before we dug in :)
This turned out really good and a lot better than I thought it was going to turn out! I think the brandy did the trick.
It was even better with ice cream! :)