This month the theme was Back to School/Kids Favorites... Well since I am not in school and don't have kids at the moment..... I made my hubbys favorite cookie from when he was a child, and still his favorite cookie, Oatmeal Raisin :)
Tree's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisin, plus a little extra for the tops of the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, white sugar.
- Then add eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla
- Stir the Flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the wet mixture.
- Then fold in the quick oats and raisins
- On a baking pan lined with parchment paper, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the batter, and separate the scoop into two cookies, then place 6 cookies on the tray
- Sprinkle a little on top of each cookie.
- You will get about 18 cookies
- Bake for 14 - 18 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool slightly on the sheet, then move to a cooling rack.
There you have it! Turn out soft and chewy.... Mmmmmmm!
Make sure to check out the other recipes as well! :)
I am a sucker for oatmeal cookies. Although I like choc chips in mine. Your look deliciousReplyDelete
I am so glad you joined the Fill The Cookie Jar group! I love oatmeal cookies, along with most other cookies! I am sure your husband was happy when he saw you made him cookies - men are just big kids anyway aren't they?ReplyDelete
See you next month. By the way, I am pinning this and sharing on my other social media. Just joined your facebook too!
These look delicious. I love oatmeal raisin!ReplyDelete
I love chewy cookies. Great choice!ReplyDelete
Oatmeal raisin cookies are one of my husband's favorite cookies too. It also helps that our daughter likes them as well. Great choice!ReplyDelete
that's different! I've never seen someone sprinkle the raisins on top. they kinda make it look like a birds nest now! cool :)ReplyDelete
Love the extra raisins on top! Nice touch :)ReplyDelete
My go to fave. Never had a good recipe or else I messed up. Anyway will share and try next time this big rig gets home.ReplyDelete